It's been a while since I obliged and played the tag game.
So I'm jumping back in.
I got double tagged on this one.
Once from a blogger who I recently happened upon when I caught her user name in a comment on a running blog that I read. 6Pack Mama most certainly meant she has a heard of children too, and she does! I love reading about other runner moms, and the big family part is a bonus connection.
The other tag comes from Mel, one of the sweetest cutest bloggers there is out there. Also a running mom, I've been inspired by Mel's awesome running and amazing attitude for a couple of years. And we wear the same size shoe. Which makes more sense for her since she's six feet tall. For me it just looks like I run on water skis because I'm so short.
This round is the tag of 11's.
The deal is that I have to
1. Post the rules
2. Share 11 random things about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions from the post in which I was tagged
4. Create 11 new questions for my tagees to answer
5. Tag 11 people-legitly
First up, 11 random things about me.
1. I like Zingers. But only the yellow ones.
2. I hate seafood.
3. I have ridges in my fingernails, but only on my left hand. Well, slight ridges on my right thumbnail too, but just barely. I have wondered why for years, no dr has been able to tell me. Turns out it's from psoriasis. Better than from arsenic poisoning which can also cause that.
4. My first choice of reading genres is juvenile fiction. I love books written for kids. So much more fun.
5. I have a killer unibrow. Like Frida had nothing on me. Not kidding.
6. I still haven't found my keys. They've been missing for almost two months now.
7. Blueberries taste funny when I'm pregnant. I don't love them plain ever, but when I'm pregnant they taste metallic. Can't eat blueberry muffins, they totally ruin a smoothie for me...but when not pregnant, no problem.
8. Speaking of pregnant, as of this week I've spent 337 weeks of my life pregnant. That's roughly 6 1/2yrs.
9. I can't handle the smell of cigarette smoke. I can smell it from miles away. Makes me so ill. Have you seen America's Sweethearts? We have this running joke in our house from one of the lines in it "Kiki? Kiki-kins? Who's smoking? I smell smoke. Is someone smoking within a six mile radius of where I'm standing?" At least over the years I've learned to control what used to be involuntary choking and hacking when I was around smoke. Go me!
10. My clothes in my closet hang by color. From black on one end to white on the other.
11. I have my first ultra planned. Though it won't happen till at least 2013, I know what I want to do!
Questions from 6packmama:
1. If you could change your name to something different, even just for fun, what would it be? I honestly have NO idea! But when I was in Jr High and I would meet random people I sometimes told them than my name was Lemmegn. Pronounced "lemon", but it had to have a different spelling to make it believable. It worked.
2. What is the 1 household chore you could go without ever doing again? Ironing.
3. Tell me about your first car. (This can be the first car you drove or owned)
I first drove a Chevy Astro van. My first car was a baby blue '89 Toyota Camry. It had electrical issues and battery connection issues and I learned all sorts of little tricks to make it start when it was being stubborn. It was great. The transmission blew when I was 8 months pregnant with #1. I was on the freeway, thankfully close enough to my parents house that I was able to will it to the immediate exit and coast downhill to their house.
4. Where did you grown up?
Though there are plenty of people who would argue whether or not I've actually grown up, I was born and raised in Salt Lake City. Actually a little tiny bit southeast of the actual city limits, right at the foothills of Millcreek Canyon. Loved it!
5. Do/did you have a nickname? Tell me about it.
Catey is my nickname, my real name is Catherine. There have been a few other random ones through the years, the most notable being Spot. I've had ridiculous skin issues for way too long!
6. How long have you been blogging? What made you start?
Five years and a tad. I think I just wanted a place to dump my thoughts. And to record the craziness of life and everything with the kids because I stink at keeping a journal.
7. If money were no object where would you go on vacation?
Somewhere tropical. First place that comes to mind is Tahiti. But as long as it was warm and there was a beach, I'm not picky!
8. College....did you go? what did you study? anywhere you wanted to go, but didn't?
I attended LDS Business College, majoring in Interior Design.
9. tell me something shocking that most people don't about you.
I must just be a really boring person because I can't come up with anything! And neither can my husband. Hmmm...there may be something to share in a few weeks but it's not a for sure so I can't yet...
10. exercise....love? hate? love to hate?
LOVE!! Love the feeling of a good hard workout. I don't always necessarily want to do it, but always love it by the time I'm done.
11. You have 24 hours to literally run....walk....get as far as you can with only your two feet. How far would you get?
Goodness...right now? Not all that far unfortunately. Probably not more than 30 or maybe 40 miles? I ran 10 comfortably last Saturday, so I know I could run at least that far, and a few more if I needed to or after a nice walk break I could get some good running in, but I think my body would eventually start screaming at me to remember that I'm pregnant and not getting any younger! 6 months ago....I felt like I could have run forever so it would have been a lot further than that!
Questions from Mel:
and Kelsey (because you haven't blogged in an eternity)